In Japanese, the word frog is “kaeru” and its homonym means “to return”. Therefore, there is a Japanese superstition that believes keeping a frog in a wallet is good fortune: “Okane ga kaeru” meaning “money will return.” If your friends or family are planning to gamble, or are just spend thrifts, give them a frog to symbolize your wish that their money will return.
Home Favorite Posts Why do Japanese keep a little frog figurine in their wallet when they go to Vegas?
- How to Make a Red Envelope
- Japanese Blood Type Character Analysis.
- The Simple Rice Ball – How to make an Onigiri
- The Original Feng Shui Practitioner
- Many Feng Shui Teachings Consider a Red Door Auspicious. Is There an Ideal Color for a Front Door?
- The Asian Custom of Removing Shoes at the Door
- The Feng Shui of a Business Name
- Why do Japanese keep a little frog figurine in their wallet when they go to Vegas?
- Feng Shui of a Dining Table