Asians love to do character analysis using charts and formulas. One of the most popular methods in Japan that is gaining popularity around Asia is blood type analysis . So do you know what your blood type is? Most people don’t know. If you were born in the United States, they don’t tell you what your blood type is, and unless you’ve had blood work done, there really is no need to find out.
There are four different types: A, B, O and AB. There is also the Rh factor making each either positive or negative. However, in this analysis, the Rh factor does not come into play, they are only concerned what type you are. Now do you recall all those biology classes….and that blood type is inherited?
When I was growing up, there were a few common knowledge characteristics, but depending on which book you read, these can vary….so please take this with a grain of salt.
- A: Type A persons are hard working, detail oriented and very organized.
- B: Type B’s are known to go “my way” and are individualistic
- O: O’s see the big picture and are dependable leaders
- AB: Due to the combination of A and B, they are considered to be difficult to read, yet creative.
For more characteristics visit Issendai’s Lair.
They say the majority of Japanese are type A. According to the Racial and Ethnic Distribution of Blood Types these are the breakdown of blood type percentages in various countries:
- Japanese : 38% A, 22% B, 30% O and 10% AB
- Chinese in Beijing: 27 % A, 32% B, 29% O and 13% AB
- Korean: 32% A, 31% B, 28% O and 10% AB
- Vietnamese: 22% A, 30% B, 42% O and 5% AB
- All USA: 42% A, 10% B, 42% O and 4% AB
- U. K.: 42% A, 8% B, 47% O and 3% AB
This is a fun chart to check out so please have a look. Just by looking at the numbers, it is interesting to see so few B’s and AB’ s in the U.S. and U.K.
Similar to other horoscope systems, blood type also has charts that indicate compatibility. My memory isn’t too good so I found this chart at Issendai’s Lair
- A is most compatible with A and AB.
- B is most compatible with B and AB.
- AB is most compatible with AB, B, A, and O.
- O is most compatible with O and AB.
Just by looking at this, if you’re AB, you get along with everyone!
I remember we used to enjoy discussing blood types to find a suitable boyfriend or husband. But, I don’t recall anyone actually using this method when she chose her spouse. However, the funny part was, if there was a disagreement amongst husband and wife, often the wife would blame his blood type! So, it’s like blaming a character to something you have no control over. This type of topic was always a good icebreaker at a party and was a fun way to get to know everyone in a short time.
So, if you have a chance, find out what blood type you are and see if the traits match your personality. Recently, I also found something that might attract Asians who enjoy looking for ways to analyze characters. This one is called, Intuition Quotient at Mystic Musings. If you don’t know your blood type this may be a good conversation starter at your next party! Now you have two topics that will make your party a success!
style=”display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-3968299334834890″ data-ad-slot=”7225994168″>