As with any classic recipe there are many different versions of the same dish. Here on Asian Lifestyle Design, I previously posted my recipe for Chicken Teriyaki Wings! Please check this one out too, the difference is in the garlic.
This teriyaki recipe was given to me by Fumiko and she broke it down so you can cook just one thigh if you wish. How convenient is that!
Fumiko’s Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 Boneless Chicken Thigh
- 1 Tablespoon sake ( Japanese rice wine)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger juice (grate ginger and squeeze the juice)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sake
- Marinate chicken in marinade for about 30 minutes, longer is fine too.
- In a hot fying pan, pour a little oil and saute chicken thigh until nice and brown.
- Covering the pan with the lid helps cook the chicken as well as contains the splatter.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and clean the pan with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken back in the pan
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and coat on both sides, cooking until sauce bubbles.
- Slice chicken into bit size strips and serve hot.
This recipe is great to have as it’s quick, easy and needs only a few basic ingredients! In this recipe, wiping and cleaning the frying pan is an important step because it removes the excess fat. Also, because Fumiko broke it down into just one thigh, it’s great for the college student who only needs to cook for one person. Please give homemade teriyaki chicken a try as you can control the sweetness! Thanks Fumiko!