I’ll be doing a few more recipes from Winnie here. I like recipes that I can use for everyday meals. These do the job as they are all delicious, easy and definitely keepers.
Today’s recipe is Chinese Style Pork Chops.
- 5 pork chops
- 1 onion
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- Chinese rice wine/Shaoxing Wine
- soy sauce
- chicken stock
- yoshida sauce, teriyaki sauce - if not available use soy sauce, sugar, stock and rice wine
- pound each pork chop on both sides with meat tenderizer
- marinate pork in ginger, 2 tablespoon rice wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Let sit for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- chop onions into crescent shapes
- Fry pork chops in oil until done.
- In a separate frying pan, heat oil and add onions. When brown add soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, salt, Yoshida sauce and chicken stock to make a sauce. I know there are no measurements here. Taste and adjust to your liking. Start with only a little of each, adding slowly. I find that now that we are older, we tend to make our food less sweet and less salty. However, the younger generation prefers a much stronger flavor - so more salt and more sweetness.
Yoshida Teriyaki sauce and Shaoxing Wine