I’ll be doing a few more recipes from Winnie here. I like recipes that I can use for everyday meals. These do the job as they are all delicious, easy and definitely keepers.
Today’s recipe is Chinese Style Pork Chops.
Chinese Style Pork Chops
Recipe type: meat
Savory Pork chops smothered with a soy sauce gravy in onions.
- 5 pork chops
- 1 onion
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- Chinese rice wine/Shaoxing Wine
- soy sauce
- chicken stock
- yoshida sauce, teriyaki sauce - if not available use soy sauce, sugar, stock and rice wine
- pound each pork chop on both sides with meat tenderizer
- marinate pork in ginger, 2 tablespoon rice wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Let sit for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- chop onions into crescent shapes
- Fry pork chops in oil until done.
- In a separate frying pan, heat oil and add onions. When brown add soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, salt, Yoshida sauce and chicken stock to make a sauce. I know there are no measurements here. Taste and adjust to your liking. Start with only a little of each, adding slowly. I find that now that we are older, we tend to make our food less sweet and less salty. However, the younger generation prefers a much stronger flavor - so more salt and more sweetness.